Monday, May 2, 2011

The Rain Came


She was the ground....

Where I stood

Gazing at a catatonic sky

She was also the ground that kept me pinned

And neutral


She hijacked the day

And brought it to the diseased room

My room


She smelled like flavored cobwebs

On the books and the Portraits

Dancing to the rhythm of a prehistoric ceiling fan


Why does flavor always remind me of pink?

Fat pink spiders

And this pink is not the pink of shapely, well toned, jelly filled bubble gums

This pink reminds me of bells and Ferris wheels as well



He came with that pink

An emaciated man wearing a red checkered shirt

He came with a blessing

I was perhaps five or six

And I had squashed a monstrous green chilly between my molars!


This pink

The pink of the spiders

Pink spiders with soft pink fur

Took me to cartons full of old books with no pictures

Sacred pink

Like Snow

I have never seen real snow

Maybe I will never


That means maybe

When we switch fancy dresses

What use would it be?


The rain came at 4'o clock

Such an odd time to come and where?

To my room when she had hidden the day

No, days

She's been doing this for quite sometime

She burst laughing.....


All the pink

Simply Vanished

The rain washed the pink to her T shirt

And I went looking for coffee mugs


No comments:

Post a Comment